Jurassic Park, Estes Park
Join us for a single day of Route climbing at the beautiful Lily Lake in Estes Park
Dates: Wednesday July 11th or July 25th
What to Expect:
Arrive at Lily Lake parking area at 9am. Pick up is at 3pm. Once we meet at the trailhead, we will confirm all safety equipment and hand out shoes and harnesses if needed.
Expect about a 40 minute hike into the area which boosts over 50 sport routes from 5.5-5.12 including the mega classic, Edge of Time, a single-pitch 85 foot route that follows a beautiful arête to the most scenic views.
Each student will will receive specific coaching, mentorship, and encouragement as they work their way up climbs.
Goals for the day will be talked about beforehand, and will be highly individualized.
- Reading routes while climbing
- Looking for rests and cruxes
- Breathing techniques
- Using a calm and confident mindset, while being ready to shift into explosive movement
- What makes a good project?
- Analysis of their over-all climbing movement and technique